Proxy connection requires a few conditions to be met before it can be connected on your device.
For a start, please make sure that you are:
- Connected to the internet;
- Have connection ports open;
- Not connected to another proxy or VPN;
- Using a correct proxy address and a valid port. See How do I use proxies? ;
- Receiving connection error rather than HTTP code from a website. See more at HTTP(S) Error codes .
Other options to try:
- Disable anti-virus applications if you have any;
- If using a remote server, make sure that the firewall has a passthrough for the proxy port you are using;
- Different endpoints;
- Try different proxy tools for your connection;
- Try a different network (Mobile hotspot, another Wi-Fi network etc.).