This only works on Wi-Fi networks
Since there is no possibility to connect to proxies on iPhone devices using mobile data, you would need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to set them up.
- Open your iPhone Settings.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Select the info icon on the right side of the network you are connected to.
- Scroll down to the HTTP Proxy section.
- Click on Manual.
- Edit your proxy settings, e.g. Server –
us.smartproxy.com, Port –
10101. Turn on authentication if the network IP is not whitelisted in the dashboard, and add your Username and Password.
Host and Port
You can find the location examples for the Host and Port or your IPs on your dasboard by going to the Proxy setup and looking up the Endpoint generator or Proxy management sections depending on the plan you have.
- Tap back to the Wi-Fi selection window. This will save your proxy settings.
- To see if the proxy is working, check the IP on https://www.iplocation.net/.
Note, that the set-up will only work on browsers. Phone applications will not work with the proxy.
The following video displays the same instructions described above. However, the dashboard and thus the instructions in the video might be outdated.
Updated about 1 month ago