- Open the Octoparse application.
- In the top-left menu hover over the New button, and click on Advanced Mode. For testing purposes, we are going to create a custom task.
- In the Website field, indicate the website you would like to extract data from. For this test, we are going to use
ip.smartproxy.com. Once you do that, hit the Save button.
- You should now find yourself in your Task tab. To configure our proxies, select the Settings button.
- In the pop-up menu, scroll down to Anti-blocking settings and checkmark the option to Use IP proxies. You should now be able to click on the Settings button.
- In the Proxy Settings pop-up, define the proxy you would like to use. Unfortunately, Octoparse only offers
IP:PORTbased format to authenticate through a proxy network. For that particular reason, you will need to use our Whitelisted IP feature to skip the traditional
username:passwordauthentication when going through a proxy. You can whitelist your IP after logging into our dashboard here: https://dashboard.smartproxy.com/whitelisted-ips/.
- Once you have your
IP:PORTready, select the Switch interval accoding to your session type. If you are using a rotating session type, set the interval to 1. If you are using a sticky session, set it to 600. Finally, hit the OK button.
- To verify everything is working properly, look for a checkmark next to the Settings option under Anti-blocking Settings. Once you verify that, click Save to continue.
- To extract data from our example page, click on the IP address that you can see at the top of the Octoparse application and select Extract text of the selected element.
- Once that is done, click on Save and then Run.
- Depending on how you want to run your task, select one of the available extraction options. For testing purposes, you can Run task on your device.
- If done correctly, you should see our proxy IP in the extracted data table once the task is finished.
Updated 5 months ago