The Smartproxy Chrome Extension now works with all proxy types Smartproxy has to offer, as well as any proxies outside of Smartproxy scope without having to log in to any account.
For a quick and easy setup on the Chrome browser, download Smartproxy Chrome Extension here.
Once you've added the extension, follow these simple steps to start connecting via proxy without logging in via the Smartproxy dashboard:
- Select Add new proxy in the initial screen:
- Fill the fields with any proxy server information (yes, even outside Smartproxy!):
- Press the toggle button on the top-right corner to connect. Easy!
Manual setup is also available after login. Simply scroll down through all of the available proxy types and you will find it there.
- Select Login or Create account which will take you to our dashboard:
- Choose your proxy type by scrolling through the menu:
- From there, you will be able to choose:
- Authentication method as well as your created users in the drop-down
- Session Type
Only HTTP and HTTPS are available. SOCKS5 is currently disabled.
To return to the proxy type selection, press Select other proxy type.
To connect, press the toggle button on the top right corner of the window. Once connected, the extension will display your chosen location, session type, and protocol.
Clear cookies and cache
With the help of this setting, you can clear your browser's cache and cookies with a click of a button. To clear them:
- Open the Smartproxy extension.
- Click on the settings button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click on Clear cookies and cache and voilà!
You can also save various profiles, both of Smartproxy and other proxy connections, by specifying the name of the profile you want to save and clicking on Save:
You can view, manage, or connect to your saved profiles by clicking on the star symbol at the bottom right of the extension:
This feature will appear only when your account is part of two or more Workplaces.
To access the Workplace selection, press the icon on the bottom center of the extension:
You will be able to choose your desired Workspace and use the products shared by the selected Workplace in the extension.
- Unable to connect with the credentials provided.
This error means that you've incorrectly entered your proxy username and/or password. Please login to your dashboard account and go to the Proxy setup section. You can adjust the credentials there.
- Unsuccessful request. Try changing the location or the session type and connect again.
If you receive this error, try turning the proxy on using a different location/session type. If the error message persists, make sure the following details are correct:
- Your residential or datacenter subscription is active.
- There is no traffic limit set for your Proxy User. You can check that in Dashboard -> Proxy setup (Allocated traffic column).
- If you are using Whitelisted IP authentication, check if the current IP of your device is whitelisted. You can check that in Dashboard -> Whitelist.
If everything looks fine, but you still get this error, let us know via Live chat!
- Unsuccessful request. Try changing the location or the proxy rotation type and connect again.
If you receive this error, try turning the proxy on using a different location/rotation type. If the error message persists, try doing the steps of the error above.
- Unsuccessful request. Please make sure to enter a valid proxy username, password, and IP address.
This error means that you've incorrectly entered your proxy username, password, or whitelisted IP. Please login to your dashboard account and go to the Proxy setup section. You can double-check check the credentials there.
- Too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later.
You will see this error if you've entered your credentials incorrectly five times in a row. It's there to prevent abuse and ensure that our services are functioning as intended. The block will clear after one hour.
- No whitelisted IP found, visit the dashboard to manage IPs.
You will see this error if you've selected whitelisted IP as the authentication method but you haven't whitelisted any IP addresses in your dashboard. To do so, go to the Proxy setup section and add your desired IP address.
The following video displays the same instructions described above. However, the extension displayed in the video and thus the instructions themselves might be outdated.
Updated 18 days ago