The Smartproxy Chrome extension only works with residential and datacenter proxies.
For a quick and easy setup on the Chrome browser, download Smartproxy Chrome Extension here.
Once you've added the extension, follow these simple steps to start connecting via proxy:
- Choose a proxy type.
- Select a proxy location.
- Select the session type: Sticky vs Rotating port.
- Select an authentication method:
- Click on the slider to turn proxies on.
Once connected, the extension will display your chosen location, proxy type, and session type.
Clear cookies and cache
With the help of this setting, you can clear your browser's cache and cookies with a click of a button. To clear them:
- Open the Smartproxy extension.
- Click on the settings button in the top-right corner.
- Click on Clear cookies and cache and voilà!
Possible errors and their meaning:
- Unable to connect with the provided credentials.
This error means that you've incorrectly entered your proxy username and/or password. Please login to your dashboard account and go to the Proxy setup section. You can adjust the credentials there.
- Too many unsuccessful login attempts. Please try again later.
You will see this error if you've entered your credentials incorrectly five times in a row. It's there to prevent abuse and ensure that our services are functioning as intended. The block will clear after one hour.
- Unsuccessful request. Try changing the location or the session type and connect again.
If you receive this error, try turning the proxy on using a different location/session type. If the error message persists, make sure the following details are correct:
- Your residential or datacenter subscription is active.
- There is no traffic limit set for your Proxy User. You can check that in Dashboard -> Proxy setup (Allocated traffic column).
- If you are using Whitelisted IP authentication, check if the current IP of your device is whitelisted. You can check that in Dashboard -> Whitelist.
If everything looks fine, but you still get this error, let us know via Live chat!
Note that sometimes the extension is lagging when using it on a secondary screen. If that happens, use the extension on your primary screen.
Updated 4 months ago